The Careers Service at WQE is here to help students progress – whether they are interested in University, an apprenticeship, employment or something else. We ensure that all students have access to a wide range of careers education, advice and guidance to meet their individual needs. We support students by working with them to develop the employability skills that will enable them to succeed.
Activities we offer include:
· 1:1 careers guidance
· Applications, C.V and cover letter support as well as mock interviews
· Careers Fairs and University Exhibitions
· Employer skills workshops
· UCAS support
· Volunteering opportunities
· Work experience and work place visits
Our full education careers plan can be found here.
The Careers Education plan is supported by:
· Developing Young Professionals – the WQE Employability Strategy
· a whole college approach to embedding employability into the curriculum
· employer engagement and Labour Market Information (LMI)
We work closely with local and national employers to develop and enhance our students’ skills, experience and knowledge. If you are an employer and would like to get involved, click here…
The Gatsby Benchmarks
We ensure all activities are planned, developed and delivered to meet The Gatsby Benchmarks. These benchmarks ensure students access good quality careers education. You can see how we’ve incorporated them into our careers plan here.
For support contact:
Careers Education Manager: email@example.com
Work Experience Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Careers Leader and Provider Access Policy can be found here.
Use the Careerometer below to compare different jobs — pay, hours, etc. You can also find out about demand for that career and if it is a sector that is growing.