The Careers Service at WQE is here to help students progress – whether they are interested in University, an apprenticeship, employment or something else. We ensure that all students have access to a wide range of careers education, advice and guidance to meet their individual needs.
We also support students by working with them to develop the employability skills that will enable them to succeed. Students can complete the WQE Inspiration for Skills and Employability Award (WISE) designed to help them stand out from the crowd. More information about the award can be found .
Activities we offer include:
· 1:1 careers guidance
· Applications, C.V and cover letter support as well as mock interviews
· Careers Fairs and University Exhibitions
· Employer skills workshops
· UCAS support
· Volunteering opportunities
· Work experience and work place visits
The Careers Education plan is supported by:
· a whole college approach to embedding employability into the curriculum
· employer engagement and Labour Market Information (LMI)
We ensure all activities are planned, developed and delivered to meet The Gatsby Benchmarks. These benchmarks ensure students access good quality careers education. You can see how we’ve incorporated them into our careers plan .
For support contact:
Use the Careerometer below to compare different jobs — pay, hours, etc. You can also find out about demand for that career and if it is a sector that is growing.